Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Indian Curry - where have you been all my life?

Okay, so I've had Indian before.  I've really enjoyed it.  My residence-mates and I used to look forward to Butter Chicken night at Fung (our University dining hall) whenever it came around.  And I've had it in restaurants occasionally - Toronto has such excellent options...

But this is the first time I've cooked it.  And it's all thanks to Jamie Oliver.

See, I've just bought the Jamie Oliver Food Revolution Cookbook, and it challenges you to learn one recipe from each chapter by heart and then teach it to four more willing victims people.  More than a challenge, actually - it wants you to pledge. 

Long story short, I haven't pledged yet, but I did decide today would be a good time to try one of the recipes.  I decided to branch out from my usual improv dinner to Pork Korma.  I picked up some fresh cilantro, a no-antibiotic pork tenderloin, some Patak curry paste and natural yoghurt at Sobeys, and put rice on the minute I got home.

Result: a flavour Eden.  How on earth did I forget that Indian food tastes this good?

No comments:

Post a Comment